The Research Mobility Programme (RMP) encourages personal and academic development of individuals, primarily early in their research careers, to equip them with the skills needed for future international academic success. The programme allows young scholars to advance their knowledge-base within their field of study, establish new contacts and mentors,and enhance their graduate dissertations through the experience gained in studying in other research cultures.
All WUN members waive any fees associated with the RMP, which are typically short visits of 2-3 months. The programme enables institutions across the Network to exchange expertise, share access to rare facilities and establish new relationships at both graduate and supervisor level.
- Say Burgin - Leeds to Wisconsin-Madison (youtube)
- Dr Reem El-Gendy - Leeds to Nanjing (youtube)
- Andrew Gunn - Leeds to Auckland (youtube)
- Fabio Camargo - Leeds to Western Australia (youtube)
- Nicholas Loubere - Leeds to Zhejiang (youtube)
- Professor Theo Raynor - Leeds to Sydney (youtube)
- Dr Stephen Muir - Leeds to Cape Town (youtube)
The resources that WUN partners make available to support RMP vary from institution to institution. Some make modest awards to help with travel and subsistence during the visit, while others integrate graduate mobility into international research development funds.
Further information may be obtained by contacting WUN institutional coordinators listed on our member pages.