The Worldwide Universities Network is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, we assure that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Worldwide Universities Network may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. This policy is effective from 15/5/2021.
What we may collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address (if you sign up to one of our mailing lists)
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- This website will record the date and time of your visit, your ip-address (from which a general location may be obtained), information about your browser and the page(s) you requested. We cannot identify you from this information.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you sign up to one of our mailing lists, we may periodically send promotional emails about events, services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will not share your information with other third parties outside the Worldwide Universities Network or its member universities, unless we seek express prior consent from you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties outside the Worldwide Universities Network or its member universities unless we have your express prior consent or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.