The Worldwide Universities Network (WUN) is an alliance of 19 of the world’s leading research-intensive universities, spanning 11 countries on 6 continents. We bring researchers from across the globe together in international strategic collaborations and partner closely with government, NGO, university and industry partners to provide solutions to pressing global challenges.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to take on responsibility for the development and funding of the research programs of WUN. In particular, the position will be responsible for the identification, development, preparation, securing and management of funding opportunities (grants, scholarships etc) to international agencies, foundations, research councils and industry to support the research programs of WUN. Reporting to the -Chief Executive you will:
- develop the WUN Global Challenges and research programs through the identification, development, preparation and securing of funding opportunities to international agencies, foundations, research councils and industry
- manage external research funding secured by the WUN Secretariat to ensure compliance with grant regulations and the delivery of anticipated outputs
- develop and maintain relationships with researchers and other key stakeholders throughout the network in order to identify upcoming opportunities and maintain familiarity with current research strengths and priorities within the network
- develop and maintain relationships with international funding agencies, foundations, research councils and industry so that WUN is a recognised knowledge provider, builds market intelligence and is in a position to capitalise on research opportunities as they arise.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- a relevant tertiary qualification (Masters or PhD level) and relevant extensive working experience
- experience and success in the identification, development, preparation, securing and management of funding opportunities in a research environment
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with key senior partners and stakeholders both locally and around the globe
- an understanding of international issues and trends in the global higher education and research landscape.
The position will be based at the WUN Secretariat, hosted by the University of Sydney, Australia. The successful candidate will be hired as a staff member at the University of Sydney. Click here to apply.
Applications close on 15 August 2013.
To enquire about the position please contact:
Worldwide Universities Network