- AAG Steering Group teleconference meetings
Adapting to Climate Change
A series of lectures and seminars taking place at WUN partners related to the upcoming Adapting to Climate Change 3 conference. We aim to stimulate discussion prior to this Global Challenge event.
This is an archive of a series of virtual seminars hosted by the former WUN Contemporary China Centre in 2011-12.
For information on WUN's current programs on China please visit the WUN Global China Group.
- Earth Surface Sedimentary Flow Processes Our research involves field interpretation of geological deposits, process measurements, laboratory experimentation and theoretical analyses. Our virtual seminar series is the main way in which we meet to present recent research developments and discuss ideas.
- Global Higher Education and Research Steering Group teleconference meetings
Gravity Currents in Nature and Industry
Gravity currents - gravitationally-driven flow of a fluid through a less dense environment - occur in many industrial and natural applications. Professor Herbert Huppert FRS will deliver a series of lectures this autumn to present what is known about the dynamics of the flows in various settings, including large-scale inertial flows as well as those that are influenced by viscosity and other resistive forces.
Horizons in Earth Systems
The series is a collection of virtual seminars presented on a monthly basis. It uses innovative intellectual approaches and new technologies to explore recent debates and developments in earth systems.
This year the series theme will be 'Understanding the Earth System through models'
Ideas and Universities
In 2014 we will run six seminars between February and May, with each of three time zones participating live in four seminars.
The title for the 2014 programme will be 'Identity and Community at Universities'.
Please note the changes which have been made to the programme.
Law and Violence in the Middle Ages
Violence has been a subject of much lively recent debate among medieval historians. The current project seeks to develop this debate in a new direction: how law was used to control violence among two of the ‘three orders (ordines)’ of medieval society, the warrior class (bellatores) and the clergy (oratores).
A series of eight seminars examining a wide range of nursing topics.
- Partnership Board Steering Group teleconference meetings
- Public Health Global Challenge Steering Group teleconference meetings
- Responding to Climate Change Steering Group teleconference meetings
- Understanding Cultures Global Challenge Steering Group teleconference meetings
A series of seminars organised by The Centre for World Cinemas, School of Modern Languages and Cultures, University of Leeds.
WUN Global Africa Group teleconference meetings
Meetings of the WUN Global Africa Group.
For more information, including telephone dial-in codes, meeting agendas and papers, please contact Bee Nortje: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WUN Global China Group teleconference meetings
Meetings of the WUN Global China Group (GCG).
For more information, including telephone dial-in codes, meeting agendas and papers, please contact Grace Liu: email@example.com